Great recipe to use up leftover roast.
Servings: 4-5 Servings
Serving Size: 8 oz
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 Minutes
- 2 1/4 lbs Leftover Northstar Bison Roast, Cut in Strips 1/2″ thick
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 1/2 cup Mushrooms Cut in Quarters OR Small Pieces
- 1 Clove Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 6 tbsp Salad Oil (Divided)
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- As Desired Buttered Rice, Noodles, or Cauliflower Rice
- As Desired Chopped Parsley
Dust meat strips in a bag with flour and salt. Sauté onion, mushrooms and garlic in 2 tbsp. each of butter and oil in a large frying pan. Remove vegetables from pan.
Add remaining oil to pan; brown meat quickly in heated oil, then remove from pan. Combine remaining flour mixture with drippings. Stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce; cook until thickened. Blend in sour cream and heat slowly.
Add meat and vegetables and heat, but do not boil. Serve over rice or noodles, sprinkle with parsley.