Our Fresh, Never-Frozen category is seasonal due to the fact that we don't artificially fatten our bison year-round, we fatten, and therefor harvest, within the intended harvest times of nature. Animals that have maintained their wild instincts (such as bison and elk) "finish" or fatten at specified times throughout the year. Winter is dormant, Spring is calving, Summer is growing, Fall is fattening.
Here are some quick points to keep in mind when ordering Fresh, Never-Frozen:
- Fresh will be cut & shipped every other week.
- All orders are cut-to-order. Order time cut-off is Wednesday at Noon central time to ship the following week.
- All Fresh orders are cut Monday & Tuesday to ship on Wednesday for Thursday delivery.
- "Fresh Season" runs late summer through January.
- Limited quantities, "while supplies last".
- FYI: Combining Fresh & Frozen in an order can cause frozen to arrive thawed. Though we do our best to keep this from happening, we are not liable for items that arrive thawed or frozen due to combining fresh & frozen in the same order.
- Shop now & enjoy the bounty of the season!