Our Fresh, Never-Frozen category is seasonal due to the fact that we don't artificially fatten our bison year-round, we fatten, and therefor harvest, within the intended harvest times of nature. Animals that have maintained their wild instincts (such as bison and elk) "finish" or fatten at specified times throughout the year. Winter is dormant, Spring is calving, Summer is growing, Fall is fattening.
Here are some quick points to keep in mind when ordering Fresh, Never-Frozen:
- Fresh will be cut & shipping every other week (Will resume fall of 2021)
- All orders are cut-to-order. Order time cut-off is Friday at Noon central time to ship the following week
- All Fresh orders are cut Monday & Tuesday to ship on Wednesday for Thursday delivery
- "Fresh Season" runs early August thru January
- Limited quantities, "while supplies last"
- FYI: Combining Fresh & Frozen in an order can cause frozen to arrive thawed. (Though, we do our best to keep this from happening!)
- Enjoy the Bounty of the Season!