Perfect crock pot meal to start in the morning and have a guaranteed meal ready for dinner.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Hrs
- 1 3 lb Bison Chuck Roast
- 1 ½ tsp Bouillon Paste or 1/2 pint Bison Bone Broth Concentrate
- 1 Onion, Sliced Thin
- 1/2 cup Burgundy
- 1-2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3-4 cups Water
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 Loaf French Rolls
1) Heat olive oil in a heavy black skillet, brown meat very well on all sides (the secret to dark, rich sauce or gravy is in the browning)
2) Mix spices (garlic and pepper) and bouillon with the burgundy in a small mixing bowl
3) Place roast in slow cooker and cover with sliced onions
4) Pour spiced burgundy over the roast, add water and cover
5) Cook for six hours or until meat is falling apart. Add water as needed so meat does not dry out.
6) Shred and mix well with sauce.
7) Spoon generously on fresh sliced French rolls.