Recipe Author: Mary Graese & Shannon VanderPloeg
This is one of our family's ultimate favorite paleo breakfast dish... or Lunch, or... Dinner! It is great any time of day. Made with our own sausage seasoning blend from the Graese kitchen.
Serving Size: 8 oz.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 3 lbs Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 lbs Northstar Bison Breakfast Sausage, broken apart into small chunks
- 1 Lg. Green Pepper, sliced into 2 inch lengths
- 1 Lg. Yellow Onion, peeled and cut into wedges, 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide
- 4 Tbsp. raw coconut oil (unflavored)
- Optional: 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded & diced fine
- Optional: A dash of chipotle powder
Prepare vegetables according to direction with ingredients. Heat large skillet, prefarably cast iron, and melt coconut oil. Combine all ingredients in pan together (covered) and brown meat along with cooking vegetables until onions transparant and sweet potatoes can be pierced. with a fork. Remove from heat so potatoes don't get too mushy and keep covered till serving to retain moisture for a moist, delicious meal.
No added seasonings needed as the sausage contains the necessary flavors.
Try it for yourself and you'll be sharing the recipe often!