Come August, everyone is wondering what to do with all their zucchini. The way we see it, if it grows like crazy, then we should eat it like crazy! Zucchini can be used in so many different ways, many of which include replacing starchy grains. You'll enjoy this recipe and can be sure to find what you need for this meal from your garden in August. Except for the cheese and meat of course. :) And if you do find bison in your garden, give us a call! We might be missing one...
Prep Time:35 Minutes
Cook Time:40 Minutes
- 2 cups Shredded Unpeeled Zucchini
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided (4 oz)
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Divided (8 oz)
- 1 lb Northstar Bison Ground Bison
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Can (15 oz.) Italian Tomato Sauce OR Tomato Sauce with 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano and 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, Chopped
Place zucchini in strainer, sprinkle with salt.
Let drain for 10 minutes.
Squeeze out moisture.
Combine zucchini with eggs, Parmesan cheese and half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
Press into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, brown ground beef with onion; drain.
Add the tomato sauce; spoon over baked zucchini mixture.
Top with remaining cheeses and sprinkle with green pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes longer.